Friday, January 8, 2010

Cold outside=studio incentive



I find the cold and snow here in Vermont to be not only a reason to stay in and work, but a different kind of inspirado. It's great to be surrounded by creative people, and the environment for us all to engage our creative ideas is fulfilling in many ways. Artist's names are flowing around us, stories of the trade, and wisdom from those further on than some of us is turning out to be invaluable perspective. If you haven't gotten on this residency train yet, Vermont Studio Center is only one of the very very many. I would say this is as good as I could imagine, but the varied locales, the different mixes of people and cultures would probably make all of these great in their own ways. I'm happy to have this chance to work, and to be around so many people who inspire me in unexpected ways.





No comments:

Post a Comment