Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Vermont Studio Center Begins



Driving through horrendous weather, I finally arrived at the residency I've been waiting for since last spring. The Vermont Studio Center welcomes us as the first group of residents in the year 2010. It's cold, and when I say that, it's about 15 or so degrees out and it's only going to get colder, at times maybe reaching 30 below zero. I hope my car survives. Already, one day in my computer has died, not due to cold, but just my over-taxing of its systems. Quite a fate when much of my research is done with my computer, with photos, and many of those draw from the database I've collected over the past three years. Gone, at least for now. I hope to see improvement, and hopefully work will go well here. Things are always an adjustment in a new setting like this, but it's inspiring as well and the people are better than the food, which is pretty awesome so far. Loving those little green sprouts. More as it develops, but enjoy a picture of my storm that I drove through for 13 hours, and also a video which dizzyingly depicts my studio setting in the midst of becoming a work loaded space.




*Warning: this video can make you sick if you watch it too much.

1 comment:

  1. Namuan-esc? Actually it looks like a metophor for the "right before headspace" in front of tons of kick-ass work.

    ReplyDelete