Sunday, January 17, 2010

From the great white north


Not the first hanging banana piece at Vermont Studio Center, I'm sure, but part of Seung Ae's installation on open studio night. The band-aid demonstrated a softness and caring for the aging fruit.


Tatiana Berg, commenting on the gorgeous pour traveling across the floor of her studio.




Well, not actually that white as of late. The weather is actually in full thaw, which is a let down to some of us who've gotten accustomed to the daily snow fall. A soft drifting of flakes that we've all gotten used to. I enjoy seeing the snow when I really have no where I need to go. Sleep, food, and work. Those are my main concerns.

In case you're wondering, Titty Hammer has become a bit of a celebrity. Her name becoming infamous for just the quality of the wording. She arose from an excerpt in a novel being written by a guy named Scott here, and though we don't know the trajectory of his writing, Titty has lasted, will probably be created in T-Shirt form, and will remain as a piece of folklore in VSC history for years to come. I'll update with more elaborations on the forms that Titty has inspired during my time here, but for now, ponder the question, "What would Titty Hammer do?

No comments:

Post a Comment